David Schoonmaker, Founder, developed Chalkin' Social® based on his own personal experiences, and, the realization that he was socializing less, meeting less people, and making less new friends.
- 10% of all Chalkin' Social website sales are donated to the Chalkin' Social Foundation, non-profit 501(C)(3), which has been helping educators and parents with communication challenges, in classrooms and homes, by providing them with free chalkboard hats to encourage and facilitate social interactions.
- At the bottom of this page is a photo of David waring the first prototype that he tested while walking around downtown Manhattan. He quickly realized that most passersby understood the lost art of smiling at each other and socializing face-to-face.
- The What Makes a Good Life? TedTalk, by Robert Waldinger, concludes that socializing with friends, family, and community, makes people happier and healthier. This incredible presentation really inspired David to push forward with Chalkin' Social.
- Chalkin' Social has both utility and design Patents-Pending, making it the only hat of its kind. The two included removable chalkboards facilitate classroom and other activities, as the chalkboards can be shared without needing to share hats.
- Chalkin' Social has a mission is to Get the world talkin' by chalkin'® since most countries are witnessing excessive device use and less real social interaction. In September 2018 France banned mobile phones from elementary and middle schools.
- For custom orders or bulk inquiries, please contact David directly at email@example.com.