David Schoonmaker, Founder, developed Chalkin' Social® upon realizing that he was socializing less, meeting less people, and making less new friends.
- 10% of all Chalkin' Social profits are donated to organizations that help people with communication challenges and social media addiction.
- At the bottom of this page is a photo of David waring the first prototype that he tested while walking around downtown Manhattan. He quickly realized that most passersby understood the lost art of smiling at each other and socializing face-to-face.
- The What Makes a Good Life? TedTalk, by Robert Waldinger, concludes that socializing with friends, family, and community, makes people happier and healthier. This incredible presentation really inspired David to push forward with Chalkin' Social.
- Chalkin' Social has both utility and design Patents-Pending, making it the only hat of its kind. The two included removable chalkboards facilitate classroom and other activities, as the chalkboards can be shared without needing to share hats.
- Chalkin' Social has a mission is to Get the world talkin' by chalkin'® since most countries are witnessing excessive device use and less real social interaction. In September 2018 France banned mobile phones from elementary and middle schools.
- For custom orders or bulk inquiries, please contact David directly at email@example.com.